Located on one of the finest natural harbours on Lake Ontario, Port Whitby Marina is a 420-slip, year round facility that is operated by the Town of Whitby with a 5 Diamond Boating Ontario Clean Marine Environmental Audit Program rating (one of only 12 marinas in the province with this rating). Visitors can enjoy the Avalon Lounge located in the Marina or take in the extensive waterfront with a stroll or bike ride along the Waterfront Trail. Restaurants, banking and other amenities are only steps away. Conveniently located beside the Whitby GO station, Port Whitby Marina is the perfect home port or cruising destination!
Learn more about
Please view our Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery: Erin's Gallery - main page will appear here on the public site.
|Boater Features and Services
- Reciprocal Membership available
- Boater pub nights, courses, seminars
- Free daily newspapers, use of barbecues, bikes, kayaks and SUP's
- 5% discount at Port Whitby Marine Supplies
- Monthly payment plan available
- Friendly knowledgeable staff and management
- On-site services include: fiberglass repairs and painting, indoor storage, new and used boat sales, mechanical and rigging repairs
|Top 10 ways to enjoy the Marina
- Go for a paddle - Bring your kayak or stand up paddle board and use the Public Boat Launch area from Victoria Day to Thanksgiving.
- Reel in the big one - Take a Salmon or trout fishing charter from Port Whitby Marina and grab the catch of the day! We are an official Weigh Station for the Great Ontario Salmon Derby. Visit the Marina Office for details.
- Go for a sunset sail - Visit the Marina Office to find sailing charter operators available at Port Whitby Marina and the Whitby Yacht Club.
- Check out an event - Port Whitby Marina is the place to be for annual events such as Canada Day, Whitby Ribfest and more! Visit whitby.ca/events for the latest details.
- Walk or ride the Waterfront Trail - Take in the great scenery and wildlife along Whitby's portion of the Waterfront Trail. Stop at the Marina to use the public facilities and enjoy an ice cream.
- Picnic at Kiwanis Heydenshore Park - Sunshine and a picnic lunch is all you'll need to enjoy the playground, splash pad, outdoor gym and a great view of the lake.
- Plan your party at the water's edge - Rent a hall with a spectacular view of Whitby Harbour at Port Whitby Marina or the Whitby Yacht Club. Book early, summer rentals fill up fast!
- Take a boating course - Port Whitby Marina and the Whitby Yacht Club offer affordable boating courses. Once trained, you may also have opportunities to crew for others.
- Enjoy youth sailing camps - The Whitby Yacht Club offers sailing camps and courses for youth ages five and up.
- Become a volunteer - There are many opportunities for youth and adults to volunteer by the water including; community events, fish stocking programs and waterfront clean-up activities.
|Learn to Sail
The Whitby Yacht Club offers youth sailing camps and courses for youth 7 to 17 years of age. View Youth Sailing Programs for more information.
|Whitby Harbour and Lake Ontario offer anglers excellent opportunites to enjoy the water and haul in the big one! In addition to fishing from shore, anglers can also choose to book a charter on one of the local fishing charter boats operating our of Port Whitby Marina. We are an official Weigh Station for the Great Ontario Salmon Derby, contact the Marina Office for charter boat and fishing information.
By water - Coordinates: Near Buoy 43 50, 92N, 78 55, 62'W. Red and green buoys mark the harbour entrance. A lighthouse marks the eastern pier with a flashing red light. The western pier displays a flashing green light. Inside the harbour, follow the buoyed channel to the marina (NW corner) or launch ramp (NE corner).
By land - Use Exit 410 (Brock Street Whitby) from Highway 401. Head South on Brock Street past the Whitby GO Station and turn right onto Victoria Street. Heading West, turn left at street lights onto Watson Street West. Head South, the Marina entrance on your right.
|Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation vary throughout the year. Below is a list of standard operating hours during different times of year. For current hours please contact the marina office.
- Jan 1- Feb 28, Monday to Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Mar 1 - Apr 30, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- May 1 - Victoria Day, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- After Victoria Day - Canada Day, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- After Canada Day - Labour Day, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m - 7:00 p.m
- After Labour Day - Nov 30, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m - 4:00 p.m
- Dec 1 - Dec 31, Monday to Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Notes: The fuel dock closes 30 minutes before the office closing. The Weigh Station for the Great Ontario Salmon Derby hours are 9:00 a.m - 8:00 p.m. daily.