|Come in and try us out, your first visit is free!
Specials and Promotions
Get Active, Stay Active – Your Way
The Town of Whitby has received a grant through the Ontario Sport and Recreation Communities Fund, from the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport for an Active Living Program for adults age 60+ who are not currently active. Join this 12 week program for only $25 to become more involved in physical activities, eating well and to make new social connections. This program introduces the participants (as a group and individually) to the benefits of exercise and activity. Participants will select from a variety of physical activity options they can participate in from personally designed weight training/cardio programs or swimming at the Whitby Civic Recreation Complex to walking at the Abilities Centre or joining a sports league, fitness class or drop-in program at the Whitby Seniors’ Activity Centre.
Register online for the January 2020 Get Active, Stay Active - Your Way Programs.
Free Healthy Start Program
Get some spring in your step with a Whitby Civic Recreation Complex Health Club Membership! All new members receive a fitness assessment and a personalized fitness program designed by a CSEP (Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology) Certified Personal Trainer. This is a $100 service that is included in your annual membership. Contact the Health Club for details and to book your personal appointment today!
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday: 6:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Health Club hours
- Monday to Friday: 5:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Free fitness assessment and personalized program
- Supervised gym with friendly, professional fitness trainers
- Fitness classes and programs
- Optional discounted membership at the Abilities Centre
- Access to additional personal training and nutritional counselling
- Membership appreciation day
Classes and programs
Drop into any class with your health club Fit Plus membership. Non-members can purchase a Fit Pass for unlimited classes, register for a program, or pay-as-you-go for an individual class. View the current online Fitness schedules.
We offer a variety of classes including pilates, yoga, spinning and bootcamps. Explore these classes and more in our Activity Guide.
Health Club members and guests can enjoy access to the following amenities:
- 25 metre public leisure pool
- Cardiovascular and conditioning equipment
- Treadmills, stairmasters, lifecycles, crossrobics and spinning bikes
- Extensive weights area
- Stretching room
- Large whirlpool and sauna
- Locker rooms with locker service and private change areas
Members of our Health Club receive a variety of services including the following:
- Introductory tour
Enjoy a tour of club facilities with one of our professional fitness trainers. Ask questions about the facility and your fitness goals.
- Fitness assessments
Members receive a free fitness assessment and fitness program specifically designed for them. Re-assessments are available after 3 months at no charge to measure progress and assist in further goal setting.
- Child care services
Available for children aged 6 weeks to 10 years. Children will enjoy fun crafts, activities and free play in a safe and supervised environment. View child care rates.