The role of the Whitby Seniors' Services Committee of Council is to oversee all social recreational programs and all related expenditures and revenue generated by these programs and to advise the Town of Whitby, Community and Marketing Services Department, on issues relating to the membership of the Town of Whitby Seniors' Services.
- To encourage all seniors to participate in activities of Town of Whitby Seniors' Services leading to a healthy and active lifestyle.
- To provide surroundings for friendly communications among seniors.
- To promote involvement, commitment, goodwill and participation among groups and individuals within the membership.
The Mayor appoints one designate from council and ten members are elected by the membership each November and approved by council.
Term of Office
The following persons are the current members of the committee of council and their term-of-office ends December 31, 2019:
- Suzanne Allen
- Shirley Barnes
- Mike Brown
- Jackie Brown
- Moya Bugelli
- Roger Caughell
- Carol James
- Tom McNown
- Rob Smith
- Bob Toyama
- Patricia Turrell
- Elsie Myette, Emeritus
- Regional Councillor, Rhonda Mulcahy
- Kim Evans, Supervisor of Seniors' Services
How to become a member of this committee:
- Elections are held every November
- You must be a member of Whitby Seniors' Services
- Nominate another person or yourself
- Five positions are available each year.
The committee meets on the second Friday of each month at 9:00 a.m. in the Board Room at the Whitby Seniors' Activity Centre at 801 Brock Street South, with the exception of July and August when there are no scheduled meetings.
- May 11, 2018
- June 8, 2018
- September 14, 2018
- October 12, 2018
- November 9, 2018
- December 14, 2018
- January 11, 2019
- February 8, 2019
- March 8, 2019
- April 12, 2019