The Town's brand is more than a logo. Our brand communicates the look and message of our community. This includes the logo, crest, seal, colours, images and supporting messaging. A corporate brand can have a positive impact on our ability to reach the community and beyond.
Creating an effective corporate brand will:
- Help Whitby distinguish itself from other municipalities
- Achieve a more professional and modern corporate image
- Establish standards and consistency for the corporate image
- Develop a corporate image that staff, Council, and the community believe in
Rebranding consists of three key phases:
- Phase One: Research and Brand Assessment (fall 2017) - completed
- Phase Two: Design (2018) - now underway
- Phase Three: Implementation (2018 and beyond)
Phase One Complete
More than one third of residents were engaged as part of Phase One through an online survey, community open house, social media and at pop-up tents held at Town events.
Based on this research, the final report presented seven core brand attributes: growth and innovation, community, heritage, active spaces, sincere, welcoming and vibrant. The Town will leverage the core attributes to support the creation of a new brand.
Phase Two Underway
Phase Two – the design development phase – of the Town's corporate rebrand project is now underway. Read the Media Release for more details on the launch of Phase Two.
A staff report update was submitted to the Operations Committee for the April 9, 2018 meeting to outline the next steps and recommendations in the design phase process. For more information on this and other Council meetings, please visit whitby.ca/civicweb.
Stay up to Date - Register With us to Follow This Project
If you would like to stay informed on our corporate rebrand project, email email@example.com to be added to the Interested Parties List.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Corporate Communications Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.430.4300 x7412.