The Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC) is responsible for advising and assisting Council in fulfilling its responsibilities under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). The Committee is consulted on several matters including but not limited to:
- Establishing, reviewing and updating multi-year accessibility plans;
- Developing accessible design criteria in the construction, renovation or placement of bus stops and shelters;
- Determining the proportion of on-demand accessible taxicabs needed in the community;
- Considering the need, location and design of accessible on-street parking spaces when building new or making major changes to existing on-street parking spaces;
- Determining particular trail features before building new or making major changes to existing recreational trails;
- Considering the needs of children and caregivers with various disabilities in their community when building new or making major changes to existing outdoor play spaces;
- Considering the design and placement of rest areas along the exterior path of travel when building new or making major changes to existing exterior paths of travel; and,
- Providing feedback pertaining to accessible voting for municipal elections.
Membership: 1 Member of Council, up to 12 Citizen Appointments, 1 Youth Council Liaison
- Councillor Chris Leahy (Maysor Designate)
- Michele Cotton (Staff Liaison)
- Jeffrey Beaton (Vice-Chair)
- Naji Hassan
- Denise Laframboise
- James Lawrie (Chair)
- Niki Lundquist
- Herb Paquette
- Allyson Partridge-Rios
Meeting Dates, Agendas and Minutes
Volunteer with Accessibility Advisory Committee!
You can become involved by volunteering with the Accessibility Advisory Committee.