The role of the Whitby Sustainability Advisory Committee (WSAC) is to promote sustainability, support environmental management, and respond to climate change by:
- Providing advice, support, and guidance to Council regarding sustainability, climate change, and environmental management issues
- Supporting education, awareness, and stewardship in the community through engagement, outreach, and advocacy.
- Assisting the corporation and the community to identify, develop and implement plans, programs, policies, strategies, and action.
Membership: 1 Member of Council, 12 Citizen Appointments, 1 Whitby in Bloom Representative, 2 Youth Council Liaisons
- Regional Councillor Yamada (Mayors Designate)
- Jade Schofield (Staff Liaison)
- Jodi Janwin (Staff Liaison)
- Beatrice Adesemowo
- M. Christine Castle (Vice-Chair)
- Robynne Dunn
- Timothy Eric
- Erica Gale
- Gayle Giesbrecht
- Laurie Kuchirka
- Luis Licsi
- Melanie Maloney
- Miranda Pautler (Chair)
- Judy Rivers
- Robert Toyama (Whitby in Bloom Committee Representative)
Meeting Dates, Agendas and Minutes
Volunteer with Whitby Sustainability Advisory Committee
Please be advised that there are currently no vacancies on the Whitby Sustainability Advisory Committee for the 2018-2022 term. If you are interested in volunteering, please check the Town's Boards and Committees webpage regularly here.
Thank you for your interest.