Accessing Town Services
There are many ways to connect with the Town – whether it’s online, by email or phone, or in-person by appointment. See a snapshot of some of the most commonly requested services and how to access them.
While we continue to encourage residents to access Town services online, limited services will be offered in-person by appointment only.
On This Page
Until further notice, the Town is Increasing the four-bag limit to six bags for garbage collection, and waiving the requirement for garbage bag tags.
Contact Operations at 905.668.3437 | Email
Fee Removal for Metered Spaces and Municipal Lots
The Town is temporarily eliminating payment for parking at all metered on-street locations and municipal parking lots. Note: for safety reasons, the time limits for parking still apply. Those who have already paid for leased parking in a municipal lot will receive a credit.
Parking Enforcement Adjustments
- Our temporary COVID-19 parking exemption for the 3-hour limit on on-street residential parking will be ending on July 1.
- Ticketing of vehicles parked longer than 3 hours on residential streets will resume on July 2.
- To help communicate the change, the Town’s By-law Services will be issuing warnings to vehicles parked on-street between now and July 1.
- We understand that, on occasion, there may be special circumstances (example: driveway repairs) that require you to park on-street for longer than 3 hours. You can register for a short-term on-street parking exemption online at whitby.ca/parking by completing the On-Street Parking Online Registration Form.
Overnight Parking Remains Available at Three Town Facilities
Need extra overnight parking? Spots are available (maximum two per household) for overnight parking at the following facilities:
- McKinney Centre – 100 parking spots [map]
- Brooklin Community Centre & Library – 40 parking spots [map]
- Whitby Civic Recreation Complex – 60 parking spots [map]
Let us know where you’ll be parking - register online before you park.
Ticket reviews are being conducted over the phone. If you have received a parking ticket, book a ticket review online to discuss their concerns.
Contact Parking Services at 905.430.4322 | Email
Tax Support Measures
Whitby Council has approved a number of measures to provide tax relief to residents and local businesses.
These measures include:
- A two-month grace period (or 60-day tax deferral) on the April tax instalment with no penalty or interest charged for May or June.
- Additionally, the first instalment of the final billing scheduled for June will be delayed to July 24 and the second instalment is due September 24.
- We will also be providing those who use pre-authorized payments with more flexibility and options to spread out their payments.
View all property tax due dates.
Read our FAQs on COVID-19 Tax Relief
Contact our Tax Department: 905.430.4304 | Email | whitby.ca/tax
Visit our Contact Us page for email addresses and phone numbers for our departments.
Sign up to receive email notifications directly to your inbox.