The annual Call for Performers (Buskers, bands and entertainers) to play at various events and festivals throughout the summer and fall including Music in the Park, Canada Day, Brooklin Harvest Festival and other community events.
Application Closes March 2, 2020.
Judging will take place on March 26, 2020.
The following list are some of the annual events that require performers and buskers:
- Music in the Park (Grass Park, Brooklin)
- Music in the Park (Rotary Centennial Park, Whitby)
- Culture in the Square
- Canada Day
- Harvest Festival
The following information is required with the application:
- Complete online application form
- Link to website or live musical performance
- Past and future performances
- Promotional photo, three to four sentence biography and sample song list
Only those performers selected by the jury will be contacted.
Frequently Asked Questions
|How many times can I apply?
|Only one application is required and will be reviewed.
|How many bands apply and how many performances are available?
|In 2018, nearly 100 bands applied to perform at Town events. As an example, there are typically 16 spots for Music in the Park and 4 to 5 spots at Canada Day and Harvest Festival.
|Do performers get paid?
|An honorarium will be provided. Costs for travel/transportation, accommodation, meals and any other details are the responsibility of the performer. Note: performers at Music in the Park are responsible for providing their own sound.
| Can I drop off my application and CD?
| Sorry, only online applications are accepted.
| What is the selection criteria used by the jury?
The performers will be evaluated by a jury panel based on the following criteria:
- Talent and diversity of performers
- Suitability for all ages
- Past community concert experience
- Fan base in Whitby and Durham Region