Below are answers to some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about employment opportunities with the Town of Whitby.
Where are jobs with the Town of Whitby advertised?
Positions are posted on the Town of Whitby Current Opportunities page, various external websites may also be used to supplement the recruitment process.
How often are Town of Whitby jobs posted?
Positions are posted on the Current Opportunities page as they become available; therefore it is important to visit the website regularly to check for opportunities.
How do I apply for jobs with the Town of Whitby?
The Town of Whitby has a new application process, where you need to apply for positions online through the Current Opportunities page. You have an additional option of creating a profile that can be viewed by the Town of Whitby's Human Resources Staff for up to three (3) months.
To apply for positions or create a profile you will need the following:
- a current resume and cover letter,
- access to a computer with internet access,
- an email address, which you can obtain for free through various external sites.
Note: most public libraries have computers for public use if you do not have a personal computer with internet access.
Are there cut off dates for sending resumes/applications?
Most advertised positions will indicate an application deadline date, which is the final day for submitting your resume for the specified position. Unless otherwise stated, applications will be accepted until midnight on the application deadline date.
Will I be contacted when my resume is received?
You will receive a confirmation email indicating that your application was received, however only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact everyone who applies.
Are you recruiting Firefighters at this time?
When we are actively recruiting for Firefighter positions they will be posted on the Current Opportunities page.
Do you hire Summer Students?
We currently offer summer student employment in two different programs:
- The Summer Student Employment Program is open to all students who have reached the age of sixteen (16) years and are currently enrolled in, and attending a post-secondary educational institution on a full time basis during the current school year and returning on a full time basis for the upcoming school year.
- The Summer Camp Program is open to all students who have reached the age of sixteen (16) years and are currently enrolled in school on a full time basis and returning on a full time basis for the upcoming school year.
Who do I call if I have additional questions?
You can reach Human Resources directly at 905.430.4313