COVID-19 Update: Based on the continuation of provincial gathering limits, the Town of Whitby will no longer be accepting any new special events permit applications until 2021.
Planning a Special Event on Town Property
If you are planning an event and locating it on Town property, approval by a special event application and permit is required for events that are open to the public with any of the following, regardless of the event size:
- Alcohol served
- Fires, fireworks, pyrotechnics
- Food being given or sold to the general public
- Road closure or use of road, sidewalk or trail
- Tents larger than 20 x 30 feet (or 225 square metres)
- Inflatables such as bouncy castles or amusement rides
- Merchandise vendors selling goods or wares
- Lottery or games of chance
Please contact email@example.com for a special event application or to determine the permits, location availability, approvals and information you will need to know as an event organizer.
If you are hosting a walk or run please contact the Office of the Town Clerk at 905.430.4315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Events User Guide (Interactive Guide with hyperlinks)