The information contained within these pages has been provided as a public service and although every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information, the Town of Whitby does not warrant the accuracy of the information.
Material and photos have been compiled from a variety of sources and are subject to change without notice. Commercial use of the materials is prohibited without the written permission of the Town of Whitby.
Communications made through this site's email and messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Town of Whitby or any existing or potential claim or cause of actions against the Town or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives.
The Town of Whitby is committed to open and transparent communications. The Town of Whitby's social media accounts are tools for sharing information and connecting with residents, businesses, customers and other stakeholders.
All users of the Town's social media accounts are subject to terms and conditions as follows:
- Comments posted on and/or directed to the Town's social media channels will be monitored. The Town of Whitby reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments without notice, including but not limited to those that:
- Include false information and or impersonate or falsely claim to be another person or represent an organization
- Contain obscene or profane language, sexually explicit content, or makes threats, hateful or violent language towards identifiable groups
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family and marital status, gender identity and expression, sex and sexual orientation.
- Demonstrates support or opposition to political organizations or candidates
- Promotes illegal activity
- Promotes or supports non-Town of Whitby commercial products or services
- Provides infringements on copyrights or trademarks or a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Are not topically related to a particular posting
- Contains confidential information
- Posts personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact information related to you or other persons
The content posted to the Town of Whitby's social media channels is transitory and may not be kept as a permanent record. User comments may become part of the public record and used in official Town of Whitby documents. It is at the sole discretion of the Town of Whitby which content shall be archived and used.
The Town of Whitby is subject to the Ontario Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and other privacy legislation. Users should be aware unless otherwise stated, all comments and personal information directed to the Town of Whitby are subject to MFIPPA and may be deemed releasable under the legislation.
Third-party content including but not limited to community event information posted on the Town's social media channels, or links to third-party social media sites, does not imply an endorsement or necessarily reflect the opinions and position of the Town of Whitby, its employees or Council members.
The Town of Whitby will not be responsible for any losses or damages suffered as a result of using third-party social media channels. Those using social media channels have no right of action against the Town of Whitby related to such use.
Town of Whitby social media channels are monitored Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and as required during emergency situations.
Links to Third-party Sites
This type of link will generally instigate the opening of a new browser window. The Town of Whitby is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Town of Whitby, nor can we be held responsible in anyway for the content found on any third party website.
The Town of Whitby makes every effort to ensure that the materials provided by these links meets ethical and moral standards, but the Town of Whitby does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of any such linked pages.