On This Page
With the rapid population growth and developments planned or underway in Whitby, now is the time to invest. To support you on this journey, the Whitby Economic Development team can provide direct, concierge-style support as well as site tours, introduce you to potential suppliers/service providers and provide connections to local post-secondary institutions.
Recent and Future Developments
Commercial and Industrial Developments
- Le Nordik Spa - State-of-the-art Scandinavian Spa planned for former Cullen Gardens
- Brookvalley Commercial - Two-storey 35,000 SF multi-tenant commercial building underway in Brooklin
- Playdium - 35,000 SF entertainment facility completed in South Whitby
- Brookfield Residential – Station No. 3 - 6-storey condominium planned for Downtown Whitby at former Fire Hall
- Castleview 500 Developments – The Charlotte - 6-storey boutique condominium planned for Downtown Whitby
- Carterra – The Landing - 18-storey condominium tower and low-rise buildings planned for Port Whitby
- Brookfield Residential – Dockside - Multiple condominium towers up to 18-storeys planned for Port Whitby
- Several new subdivisions are planned or underway in West Whitby. For up-to-date information please visit West Whitby
Demographics and Statistics
World Council on City Data – ISO 37120 Platinum Certification
In March 2020, the Town of Whitby achieved the World Council on City Data (WCCD) ISO 37120 Platinum Certification for the second consecutive year. This accomplishment underscores Whitby’s stature as a global city that is committed to data and is now a member of the WCCD global network of like-minded cities. For more information, visit WCCD Open Data Portal.
Looking for Whitby-specific demographic information and economic trends to help support your investment decision? Email Whitby Economic Development for more information.
There are a number of industrial, office and land properties for sale or lease in the Town of Whitby. Contact us for the most up-to-date available sites.
Whitby’s business costs are competitive with significant real-estate savings when compared to northern and western GTA municipalities for industrial land, office/industrial lease rates and residential housing.
- Office lease rates approximately 20% lower
- Industrial land prices approximately 75% lower
- Detached house prices approximately 30-45% lower
Development Charges are collected by the municipality to cover costs associated with new development in the Town of Whitby to help support capital costs for new residential and non-residential development.
View more information including the current Development Charge Rates.