The Current Opportunities link will allow you to view current postings, which are updated as positions become available.
- legally entitled to work in Canada;
- at least 16 years of age or older at the time of application;
- current Police Record Check - Vulnerable Sector Screening (at the time of offer);
- Red Cross Water Safety (W.S.I.) Certification;
- Lifesaving Society Instructor Certification;
- Lifesaving Society N.L.S. (Pool) Certification;
- Standard First Aid Certification; and,
- C.P.R. (Level C) Certification, with A.E.D Training.
Pool Coordinator Qualifications:
- all of the Instructor/Lifeguard Qualifications as listed above;
- Lifesaving Society Examiner Certification; and,
- Lifesaving Society Advanced Instructors Certification.
If you are contacted you must be available for the wet interview date in order to proceed in the process, dates will be provided when opportunities are posted. All required certifications must be current at the time of interview.
For more information about how to obtain these qualifications through the Town of Whitby, please view Aquatics Division - Leadership Programs.