The Purchasing Division of the Town of Whitby's Corporate Services Department is the centralized agency for the procurement of goods and services required by all departments. It is the duty of the Purchasing Division to acquire goods and services as economically as possible with due regard for price, quality, and delivery. Utilizing standardization and competitive bidding on the basis of adequate specifications, wherever possible, the Purchasing Division solicits pricing on supplies, equipment, rentals, services, printing requirements, building constructions and renovations, road construction, park developments, and the sale of obsolete and salvage materials.
Purchasing staff maintain membership in the Purchasing Management Association of Canada, National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, and the Ontario Public Buyer Association and subscribe to the principles and ethics of these associations.
The Town of Whitby is a member of the Durham Purchasing Co-operative Group, established to promote consistency, efficiency, and a "best value" approach in the purchase of goods and services among its membership. Learn more about the Durham Purchasing Co-operative Group.
Attention: Town of Whitby Vendors
Please be advised that the Town of Whitby will be implementing an Electronic Purchase Order System early 2013. After this time, a Purchase Order will be required for all goods and services. A copy of the Purchase Order will be sent to vendors electronically by email or by fax. To ensure timely payment of your invoice, the Purchase Order number will be required to be referenced on the invoice.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions. Further details will be posted as they become available.
New WSIB Requirements for Construction
Note: Workplace law has changed in Ontario. Please note that Independent Operator status letters will no longer apply after 2012. All Independent Operators working in Ontario in the construction industry must have workplace safety and insurance coverage from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).
No coverage means no clearance. No clearance means no work. For additional information and pre-registration go to www.BeRegisteredBeReady.ca
For complete details on the Town of Whitby's purchasing policy, please view the Town of Whitby Purchasing Policy (PDF, 184 kB).
Terms and Conditions/Certificate of Insurance
Town of Whitby Standard Terms and Conditions
Town of Whitby Certificate of Insurance Document (PDF, 117 kB)
Current Bid Opportunities
Posted below are current bid opportunities with the Town of Whitby. Click on the document link to view details of the bid opportunity
2013 Unofficial Bid Results
- Bids Closing May 16 - T-6-2013, T-33-2013 and T-38-2013
- Bids Closing May 14 - T-12-2013 and T-538-2013
- Bids Closing May 7 - T-39-2013
- Bids Closing April 30 - T-29-2013
- Bids Closing April 19 - T-516-2013
- Bids Closing April 18 - T-7-2013, T-8-2013, T-9-2013, T-564-2013
- Bids Closing April 16 - T-539-2013
- Bids Closing April 16 - T-10-2013 and T-11-2013
- Bids Closing April 5 - T-503-2013
- Bids Closing March 28 - T-4-2013, T-19-2013, T-528-2013, T-572-2013
- Bids Closing March 27 - T-517-2013
- Bids Closing March 21 - T-559-2013
- Bids Closing March 19 - T-13-2013
- Bids Closing March 14 - T-501-2013 & T-502-2013
- Bids Closing February 26 - RFP-18-2013
- Bids Closing February 21 - T-513-2013, T-568-2013, T-569-2013
- Bids Closing February 19 - RFP-17-2013
- Bids Closing January 29 - T-3-2013
2012 Unofficial Bid Results
- Bids Closing December 20 - T-104-2012
- Bids Closing December 13 - T-105-2012
- Bids Closing November 29 - T-97-2012 & T-98-2012
- Bids Closing November 12 - T-92-2012
- Bids Closing October 19 - T-20-2012
- Bids Closing October 4 - T-533-2012
- Bids Closing September 20 - T-19-2012
- Bids Closing September 6 - T-566-2012
- Bids Closing August 21 - T-58 & T-75
- Bids Closing - August 17, 2012
- Bids Closing - August 9, 2012
- Bids Closing - July 10, 2012
- Bids Closing - July 5, 2012
- Bids Closing - June 28, 2012
- Bids Closing - June 19, 2012
- Bids Closing - May 22, 2012
- Bids Closing - May 10, 2012
- Bids closing - Apr. 26 & 27, 2012
- Bids closing - 06 Mar 2012 (PDF, 20.8 kB)
- Bids closing - 05 Jan 2012 (RFP-109-2011) (PDF, 18.3 kB)