The Town's brand is more than a logo. Our brand communicates the look and message of our community. This includes the logo, crest, seal, colours, images and supporting messaging. A corporate brand can have a positive impact on our ability to reach the community and beyond.
Creating an effective corporate brand will:
- Help Whitby distinguish itself from other municipalities
- Achieve a more professional and modern corporate image
- Establish standards and consistency for the corporate image
- Develop a corporate image that staff, Council, and the community believe in
Rebranding consists of three key phases:
- Phase One: Research and Brand Assessment (fall 2017) - completed
- Phase Two: Development (2018)
- Phase Three: Implementation (2018 and beyond)
More than one third of residents were engaged as part of Phase One through an online survey, community open house, social media and at pop-up tents held at Town events.
Based on this research, the final report presented seven core brand attributes: growth and innovation, community, heritage, active spaces, sincere, welcoming and vibrant. The Town will leverage the core attributes to support the creation of a new brand.
The next two phases of the project - design and implementation - will launch in 2018.
Stay up to Date - Register With us to Follow This Project
If you would like to stay informed on our corporate rebrand project, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Interested Parties List.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Corporate Communications Division at email@example.com or 905.430.4300 x7412.