2018 Current and Capital Budget
Council approved the 2018 Operating and Capital recommended budgets as presented on February 22, 2018. Media Release.
The 2018 budget results in a budgetary increase of 2.97%. This represents a 0.98% increase on the Town's portion of the total residential property tax bill. When combined with the Regional and Provincial Education components the overall residential property tax increase is 1.98%.
2018 Budget Highlights
Public Notice - 2018 Budget Meetings
2018 Draft Budget - General Documents
2018 Draft Operating Budget
2018 Draft Capital Budget
Copies are also available at no cost upon request by contacting Corporate Services, Town of Whitby at 905.430.4300 x2233 or by email at email@example.com.
2018 Budget Milestones
Council approved the 2018 budget process and calendar (Report CS 78-17) which set out the major milestones below.
Phase 1 - Prepare
Phase 2 - Engage
Phase 3 - Develop
- Senior management team to prioritize and finalize staff proposed 2018 budget
Phase 4 - Consolidate
- Finance to consolidate budget information and develop communication material
Phase 5 - Inform, Engage, Debate and Approve
- Budget books released - February 5, 2018
- Budget Overview and Public Input Meeting - February 12, 2018, Operations Committee CS 08-18
- Council Deliberations and Approval Meeting - February 22, 2018, Special Council Meeting CS 12-18
2017 Current and Capital Budget
Council approved the 2017 Draft Operating and Capital Budgets as presented on April 12, 2017. Media Release.
The 2017 Budget results in a property tax increase of 3.99% on the Town's portion of the tax bill. When combined with the Region and Education budgetary increases, the estimated overall property tax increase is 2.25%
For more information, please see the minutes of the Special Meeting of Council held on April 12, 2017.
2017 Draft Budget - General Documents
2017 Budget Highlights
2017 Draft Operating Budget
2017 Draft Capital Budget
2016 Current and Capital Budget
Council Approved Budgets
Council approved the 2016 Draft Operating and Capital Budgets as presented on February 18, 2016, with the following amendments:
- That an increase of $1,184,000 be included to pay for the necessary capital improvements and acquisitions required to accommodate an additional fire suppression crew and training officer in 2017 to address community safety needs; and that the 2016 capital budget be amended to include the following items:
- Fire Hall 5 Interior Renovations - $55,000
- Aerial/Pumper Truck and Related Equipment - $1,400,000
- New Suppression Staff Equipment - $75,500
- Fire Prevention/Training Vehicle - $35,000
This amendment affects the Corporate Revenues and Expenses budget
as well as the Capital budget.
- That the 2015 assessment growth be included in the 2016 Operating Budget and be used to offset the impacts of outstanding appeals at the Assessment Review Board during 2016, and that any unutilized assessment growth be contributed to the Growth Reserve Fund. This amendment affects the Corporate Revenues and Expenses budget.
The 2016 Budget results in a property tax increase of 4.59 percent on the Town's portion of the tax bill. When combined with the Region and Education portion of the total tax bill, the estimated overall increase is 2.34 percent.
For more information, please see the minutes of the Special Meeting of Council held on February 18, 2016. Please note that the 2016 Operating and Capital Budget documents are not being reproduced at this time. Please consider the changes above in reading through the document.
2016 Draft Budget - General Documents
2016 Draft Operating Budget
2016 Draft Capital Budget