The West Whitby Landowners Group and the Town of Whitby are undertaking a Class Environmental Assessment (Class EA) study to confirm the location and characteristics of the following roads within the West Whitby Secondary Plan:
- Desmond G. Newman Boulevard (formerly New Coronation Road) from Dundas Street to existing Coronation Road north of Taunton Road,
- Bonacord Avenue from east of Lynde Creek to Desmond G. Newman Boulevard,
- Twin Streams Road from east of Lynde Creek to Desmond G. Newman Boulevard, and
- Existing Coronation Road from Rossland Road to Taunton Road.
This Class EA Study is being completed using the integrated approach which is an approved process to meet both the Municipal Class EA and Planning Act (plan of subdivision) requirements at the same time. Each of the four roads is listed in Schedule "C" of the Class EA and this Study is being undertaken in accordance with the full Municipal Class EA process. See Study Area map below.
In addition, the West Whitby Major Roads Study will include the completion of Phases 1 to 2 of the Municipal Class EA, to ensure that the results of the Study do not preclude future potential road links as follows:
- Bonacord Avenue from Lake Ridge Road to Desmond G. Newman Boulevard (crossing the West Durham Link), and
- Twin Streams Road from Lake Ridge Road to Desmond G. Newman Boulevard (crossing the West Durham Link).
The above sections may be implemented later and accordingly, the requirements of Phases 3 and 4 of the Municipal Class EA process may be addressed at a time closer to its construction.
The feasibility of providing local road access to the employments lands south of Dundas Street will be also addressed in this study.
For an electronic copy (on a CD) of individual documents within Appendix B - References and/or Appendix C - Consultation Part 1 WWMF Study, please contact the Engineering and Infrastructure Services Division at email@example.com or 905.430.4307.