The Town of Whitby offers skating programs for all ages and abilities. Skating schedules are available for the Des Newman Arena Complex at Iroquois Park Sports Centre, McKinney Centre, and Luther Vipond Memorial Arena, and detailed program descriptions are provided in the Activity Guide. You can also book ice time for an upcoming birthday party.
Facility Closures and Program Notices
Scheduled skating times may be cancelled to accommodate a special event or due to ice unavailability. The Town of Whitby issues program notices and holiday closure information under Facility Closures and Program Notices. Program cancellations and notices are posted in the Public Notices section three weeks prior to the date. We make every effort to provide advance notice of cancellations and you can subscribe to the Public Notices RSS feed to receive up-to-date information as it happens.
Select a topic below to learn more about our skating programs. The fees shown do not include HST.
Adult Lunchtime Skate
Parent & Tot Skating
- Fee: $4.43 for single use (1 parent/2 kids)
- Ages: 7 years and under
- Limit: Maximum of 2 children per adult
- Teach your children to skate and enjoy time together on the ice. We provide the music.
- Fee - Single Use: $4.43 for Adult Skate / $2.97 for Child Under 14 / $11.90 for Family (2 Adults & 3 children residing in same household) / $2.97 for Senior Skate
- Fee - 10 Uses: $33.35 for Adult Skate / $19.41 for Child Under 14 / $90.34 for 2 Adults & 3 Children / $19.41 for Senior Skate
- Public Skating sessions let you and your friends get out and take a spin around the ice
Scotiabank Backyard Rink
Fee: Free! Generously sponsored by Scotiabank
Ages: 7 years and under only
Limit: Maximum of 2 children per adult
Use our rinks to introduce your children to hockey or ringette. Bring sticks and pucks; we provide the nets. Children must wear full protective hockey equipment; adults must wear proper head protection.