The Town of Whitby is responsible for all of the public roadways within its municipal boundaries, with the exception of those listed below, which are under the jurisdiction of the Region of Durham or the Ministry of Transportation. In addition, there are numerous privately owned roadways in the Town of Whitby (e.g., those with street designations such as "Way") that are the responsibility of the private landowner/condominium corporation, and not the Town of Whitby.
You can also view the road ownership on the Road Jurisdiction Map.
Region of Durham Roads
Please contact the Region of Durham for any inquiries related to these roads:
- Boundary Rd. (Reg. Rd 52) - Wentworth St. southerly
- Brock St. N. (Hwy 12) - Rossland Rd. northerly
- Brock St. S. (Reg. Rd. 46) - Highway 401 southerly
- Champlain Ave. (Reg. Rd. 25)
- Cochrane St. (Reg. Rd. 43) - Dundas St. to Rossland Rd.
- Consumers Dr. (Reg. Rd. 25)
- Dundas St.(Hwy. 2) - Fothergill Court westerly
- Henry St. (Reg. Rd. 45)
- Hopkins St. (Reg. Rd. 36) - Consumers Dr. northerly
- Lake Ridge Rd. (Reg. Rd. 23)
- Manning Rd. (Reg. Rd. 58)
- Myrtle Rd. (Reg. Rd. 5)
- Rossland Rd. (Reg. Rd. 28) - Cochrane St. easterly
- Taunton Rd. (Reg. Rd. 4)
- Thickson Rd. (Reg. Rd. 26)
- Victoria St. (Reg. Rd. 22)
- Wentworth St. (Reg. Rd. 60)
- Winchester Rd. E (Reg. Rd. 3) - Baldwin Street easterly
Ministry of Transportation Roads
On February 1, 2017, tolling will begin on the province's new Highway 407 and Highway 412.
For inquiries please contact the following:
For tolling-related matters (e.g., transponders, billing, invoices, plate denial status), related to Highway 407 (from Brock Road to Harmony) and Highway 412, customers may contact 407 ETR, the service provider for tolling of Highway 407 and 412, using one of the following methods.
- Online: www.407etr.com
- Call: 1-888-407-0407
- Visit: 407 ETR's Customer Service Centre, 6300 Steeles Avenue West, Woodbridge, ON
- Mail: 6300 Steeles Avenue West, Woodbridge, ON L4H 1J1
- Fax: 905-264-5315
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Please contact the Ministry of Transportation for any inquiries related to these roads:
- Winchester Rd. (Highway 7) - Baldwin Street westerly
- Baldwin St. (Highway 7/12) - Garden Street northerly