The Town of Whitby has prescribed Property Standards for the maintenance and occupancy of property within the Town of Whitby. All property owners are required to repair and maintain their properties in compliance with the minimum maintenance standards included in the Property Standards By-law and the Property and Boulevard Maintenance By-law.
Property Standards Appeal Committee Meeting - November 30, 2016
The Town of Whitby's Property Standards Appeal Committee will meet on November 30, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. to hear two appeals of Property Standards Orders. The meeting agenda is available via the link below.
Property Standards Appeal Committee Agenda - November 30, 2016
A General Guide
The following list provides an overview of the Property Standards regulations in place in the Town:
- Grass and weeds are required to be maintained at a height of less than 15 centimetres
- Properties are required to be maintained free of accumulations of garbage, refuse or debris
- Buildings are to be maintained in a good condition, including the maintenance of roofs, windows, doors and eaves troughs
- Sheds and detached garages are to be maintained in good condition
- Rental properties are to be provided with working plumbing, heating and electrical services
Still have questions?
If you have any questions regarding the Town's Property Standards regulations, please contact By-law Services at 905.430.4345 or by email.
Filing a Complaint
To file a complaint regarding a possible by-law contravention, please contact By-law Services by email or complete the online complaint form below.
All complaints, including emails, must contain the complainant's name, address and phone number. Please note that all personal information about complaints is kept confidential.