- When: Saturday July 23, 2016, noon till dark
- Where: Port Whitby Marina, 301 Watson Street, Captain James Rowe House
Whitby Harbour Day is a free, summer celebration of Whitby's historic waterfront with fun for the whole family. The event highlights Whitby's Harbour facilities including Port Whitby Marina, Whitby Yacht Club and Captain James Rowe House. Enjoy free entertainment, activities, displays, food and beverage through out the event.
Back by popular demand; the Dragon Boat experience, sponsored by Whitby Toyota, and Summer Water Sports, Water Ski Shows sponsored by Brookfield Residential Properties. Whitby Harbour Day also includes community and boating displays, arts, crafts and food vendors, Station Gallery presents kids program and Artists, children's activities and live entertainment. Visit the Whitby Yacht Club Open House including children's activities, Sailing School Demonstrations, water shuttle and live entertainment. Harbour Day will wrap up at dark with a nautical Parade of Lights and spectacular Dentistry on Dundas firework display.
Harbour Day at Port Whitby Marina
12:00 p.m. Aaron Roberts,Steele Pan musician
12:15 p.m. Official Opening
12:30 p.m. Aaron Roberts,Steele Pan
1:00 p.m. Water Ski Show, Whitby Harbour
1:15 p.m. Socks & Sandals, children's performer
2:15 p.m. Terri & Rick "Just for Kids"
3:00 p.m. Water Ski Show, Whitby Harbour
3:15 p.m. Cultural Performers
4:15 p.m. STOP THIS TRAIN (Youth Band)
6:00 p.m. Jeff Bird and Sue Smith (From the Cowboy Junkies)
7:00 p.m. PRJ Band (Chicago Blues and Folk)
8:00 p.m. Bruce Gorie (Jazz)
9:00 p.m. Charles Street Band (Rock and Country)
10:00 p.m. Charlie Davis(Classic Rock, Blues and more)
Don't miss the Nautical Parade of Lights and Dentistry on Dundas Fireworks at dark!
Children's Activities at Captain James Rowe House
- Jumping Castles
- Rock Climbing wall
- Shriner's Pirate Ship
- Face painting
- Station Gallery Art Activity
- Whitby Public Library craft
- Button making
Activities at Whitby Yacht Club (Gordon Street South):
- 11:00 p.m. Whitby Yacht Club Open House all day
- Public can arrive by boat shuttles from the Marina or by car.
- 11:00 Skippers meeting for Sailboat Race Competitors for the Mayors Cup Race
- 12:00 p.m. Start of Mayors Cup Race
- 1:00 p.m. INFRARED Steel Drum Band playing till 7 pm.
- 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Public can sign up and try sailing on a 420 sailboat, and try Stand up Paddle boards; at the Whitby Sailing School.
- Dragon boat racing during the afternoon Yacht Club against the Marina...
- 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Ice Cream Truck
- 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Face Painters
- 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Princess Ariel visiting.
- 5:00 p.m. Presentation of Mayors Cup Race trophy to race winners.
- Open House from noon to dusk featuring live entertainment
- Sailing School information and demonstrations
- Children activities
- Water Shuttle to marina (Noon to 5:00 p.m.)
Thank You to our 2016 event sponsors:
- Dentistry on Dundas
- Whitby Toyota
- Brookfield Residential Properties
- Ontario Power Generation
- Canadian Tire Corporation
- Mount Lawn Funeral Home & Cemetery
- Sherwin Williams
- Whitby This Week
- McTeague Electric
- Whitby Yacht Club
- Durham Kubota
- Whitby Hydro
Access to the event site:
All performers, vendors, artists, community organisations etc. are to enter via the rear gate of the Marina.
Take Brock Street South, past Victoria Street. From Brock turn right on Front Street. The entrance is at the end of Front Street.