- When: Saturday July 23, 2016
- Where: Port Whitby Marina, 301 Watson Street, Captain James Rowe House
Whitby Harbour Day is a free, summer celebration of Whitby's historic waterfront with fun for the whole family. The event highlights Whitby's harbour facilities including Port Whitby Marina and Whitby Yacht Club. The waterfront awaits visitors from Port Whitby Marina and Yacht Club to Rowe House, the Lions Promenade and the Waterfront Trail. Enjoy free entertainment, activities, displays, food and beverage through out the event.
Back by popular demand; the Dragon Boat experience. Whitby Harbour Day also includes water ski shows, community and boating displays, arts, crafts and food vendors, Station Gallery presents kids program and Artists, children's activities and live entertainment. Visit the Whitby Yacht Club Open House including children's activities, Sailing School Demonstrations, water shuttle and live entertainment. Harbour Day will wrap up at dark with a nautical Parade of Lights and spectacular Dentistry on Dundas firework display.
Children's Activities planned
- Jumping Castles
- Rock Climbing wall
- Shriners Pirate Ship
- Face painting
- Station Gallery Art Activity
- Whitby Public Library craft
Live Entertainment throughout the day.
Activities at Whitby Yacht Club (Gordon Street South):
- Open House from noon to dusk featuring live entertainment
- Sailing School information and demonstrations
- Children activities
- Water Shuttle to marina (noon to 5:00 p.m.)
Thanks to our 2015 event sponsors:
- Dentistry on Dundas
- Whitby Hydro
- Whitby Toyota Scion
- Ontario Power Generation
- Canadian Tire Corporation
- Coughlan Homes
- Whitby This Week
- McTeague Electric
- Whitby Yacht Club
- Durham Kubota
- The Town of Whitby acknowledges the support of the Government of Canada, Canadian Heritage and Official Languages for their support through the 2015 Community Celebrations Fund.