Celebrate Canada 150 in Victoria Fields with live performances, kids activities, fireworks and more!
Accessing the Event
Driving: If you're driving to the event please note that Henry Street is closed from Arthur Street to the North Whitby GO Station and OPP entrance. Victoria Fields can be accessed using Brock Street or Lake Ridge Road from the north, Victoria Street from the east or west, and Gordon Street from the South.
Parking: Residents are encouraged to use active transportation, such as walking or biking, to access this event. A free bike valet is available to store and lock your bike.
Limited parking is available in the following lots:
- Whitby GO Station (access only available on Brock Street and Victoria Street)
- Iroquois Park Sports Centre parking lot
- Water Street side lot (limited space)
Active Transportation: Residents are encouraged to walk, bike or use other forms of active transportation to access the event grounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring my dog?
- Yes, dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash, under control of their owner and owner's pick-up after them.
- Are there shuttle buses/transportation for the event?
- There are no shuttle busses, but residents can access the event using Durham Region Transit.
- Will the construction on Henry Street affect the event?
- Yes, this will make accessing the event parking limited to Victoria Street only.
- What should I bring?
- Sunscreen, hats, umbrellas, blankets and lawn chairs.
- If you are staying for fireworks, please be prepared for wet grounds. Pack your blankets and lawn chairs!
Information about the many volunteer opportunities at all Town of Whitby events can be found on our Volunteer page.
Aspects of most Town of Whitby events are sponsored by local businesses and community organizations. To find out how your organization can contribute to Canada Day please contact the Manager of Advertising and Sponsorship Sales via email or phone 905.430.4300 x7488.