Located on one of the finest natural harbours on Lake Ontario, Port Whitby Marina is a 420-slip award-winning marina operated by the Town with year round services. The marina is surrounded by acres of parkland and trails, and close to beaches, restaurants and attractions. Salmon and trout fishing, and sailing charters are available on site. Take a stroll or short bike ride to local restaurants, pubs, grocery store, and liquor store located within minutes of the marina. The Town of Whitby offers all of the ammenities of a large urban centre with a small town friendly atmosphere!
Select one of the links below to learn more about the Marina's features, location and events:
Facilities and Services
- First-class clubhouse and lounge with private 3-piece showers and laundry facilities
- Avalon Lounge available for boater events, courses, seminars and public bookings
- Snack and Hot Beverage Vending
- Quality steel tube floating docks with 30 amp hydro for boats up to 70 feet in length (50 amp hydro available on a limited basis)
- Spacious navigation channels dredged to 6 feet at chart datum in most areas
- Gas and diesel pumps, waste pumpout on a spacious service dock
- Complimentary use picnic shelters with propane barbecues
- Complimentary use bicycles, trikes, kayaks, and horseshoe pit
- Card access with security cameras for vehicles, clubhouse and docks
- Security cameras and patrols
- Seasonal and Visitor Dockage
- Winter storage for boats up to 70 feet or 50 tons(store with mast up or down)
- Summer land storage
- Dry Sailing with ramp access for trailerable boats
- 50 ton travel lift, 2 hydraulic trailers, fork lift, and 1 ton articulating mast crane
- Events, cruises, courses, and seminars
- Reciprocal dockage with most clubs on Lake Ontario
- Social memberships for non-boaters
- Free newspapers 7 days/week
- Ice, ice cream, and merchandise sales
- 5% discount at Port Whitby Marine Supplies
- Local Port Whitby services include indoor storage, marine store, new and used boat sales, fibreglass repairs, mechanical repairs and rigging repairs, welding and fabrication
Eco-Friendly Award Winner
Port Whitby Marina ranks in the top 5% of eco-rated facilities in Ontario (2003, 2006, 2009). The Marina is a voluntary member of the Ontario Marine Operators Association Clean Marine Program. Environmental audits, conducted by an independent third party, occur every three years rating the marina's environmental practices; water quality and habitat preservation; hazardous substance handling and reduction; water conservation; energy efficiency and waste reduction.
In the fall of 2009, the Marina achieved the highest rating of 5 Green Leaf Anchors, and 100% on the eco-rating audit checklist conducted by GreenLeaf Environmental Communications, Inc.
By water - Coordinates: Near Buoy 43 50, 92N, 78 55, 62'W. Red and green buoys mark the harbour entrance. A lighthouse marks the eastern pier with a flashing red light. The western pier displays a flashing green light. Inside the harbour, follow the buoyed channel to the marina (NW corner) or launch ramp (NE corner).
By land - From Highway 401, take Brock Street South to Victoria and turn right. Take the third left onto Gordon Street. The ramp is directly opposite Lakeridge Health Whitby on the east side of Gordon Street.
Use the Gordon Street public boat launch, visit the Avalon Lounge, learn to sail, or access our schedule of fees. You can visit trails to learn more about the beauty of Whitby Shores Waterfront Trail.
Hours of Operation
Jan 1- Apr 30, Monday to Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
May 1 - Victoria Day, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
After Victoria Day - Canada Day, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
After Canada Day - Labour Day, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m - 7:00 p.m
After Labour Day - Oct 31, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m - 4:00 p.m
Nov 1 - Dec 31, Monday to Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Note: The fuel dock closes 30 minutes before the office closing.
The waterfront is alive from Port Whitby Marina to the Whitby Yacht Club, to the Pier and Lion's Promenade during Durham's largest waterfront festival: Whitby Harbour Day. Water ski shows, boat displays, tall ship sailing, arts and crafts, music, and entertainment take place annually. Approximately 6,000 people attend Harbour Day to view the nautical Parade of Lights and spectacular fireworks. Visit our Harbour Day page for additional information.