Located on one of the finest natural harbours on Lake Ontario, Port Whitby Marina is a 420-slip award-winning marina operated by the Town of Whitby with year round services. The marina is surrounded by acres of parkland and trails, and close to beaches, restaurants and attractions. Salmon and trout fishing, and sailing charters are available on site. Take a stroll or short bike ride to local restaurants, pubs, grocery store, and liquor store located within minutes of the marina. The Town of Whitby offers all of the ammenities of a large urban centre with a small town friendly atmosphere!
Use the Gordon Street public boat launch, visit the Avalon Lounge, learn to sail, or access our schedule of fees. You can visit trails to learn more about the beauty of Whitby Shores Waterfront Trail.
Here is our Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery: Erin's Gallery - main page will appear here on the public site.
Select one of the links below to learn more about the Marina's features, location and events:
Facilities and Services
- First-class clubhouse and lounge with 3-piece privacy shower units and laundry facilities
- Avalon Lounge available for boater events, courses, seminars and public bookings
- Quality steel tube floating docks with 30 amp hydro for boats up to 70 feet in length (50 amp hydro available on a limited basis)
- Spacious navigation channels dredged to 6 feet at chart datum in most areas
- Gas and diesel pumps, waste pumpout on a spacious service dock
- Complimentary use picnic shelters with propane barbecues
- Complimentary use bicycles, trikes, kayaks, and horseshoe pit
- Card entry for vehicles, clubhouse and piers
- Security cameras and Security Guard patrols
- Seasonal and Visitor Dockage
- Winter storage for boats up to 70 feet or 50 tons(store with mast up or down)
- Summer land storage
- Dry Sailing with ramp access for trailerable boats
- 50 ton travel lift, 2 hydraulic trailers, fork lift, and 1 ton articulating mast crane
- Events, cruises, courses, and seminars
- Reciprocal dockage with most clubs on Lake Ontario
- Social memberships for non-boaters
- Free newspapers 7 days/week
- Snack and Hot Beverage Vending
- Ice, ice cream, and merchandise sales
- 5% discount at Port Whitby Marine Supplies
- Local Port Whitby services include indoor storage, marine store, new and used boat sales, fibreglass repairs, mechanical and rigging repairs, welding and fabrication
Eco-Friendly Award Winner
Port Whitby Marina has been a member of Boating Ontario's Clean Marine Environmental Audit Program since 2003 and has consistently scored among the top 5% of marinas in Ontario. In 2009 the marina achieved the highest rating of Five Green Leaf Anchors. In 2012, the marina won the Robert Eaton Environmetal Award of Excellence in Environmental Practices within the marine industry.
By water - Coordinates: Near Buoy 43 50, 92N, 78 55, 62'W. Red and green buoys mark the harbour entrance. A lighthouse marks the eastern pier with a flashing red light. The western pier displays a flashing green light. Inside the harbour, follow the buoyed channel to the marina (NW corner) or launch ramp (NE corner).
By land - From Highway 401, take Brock Street South to Victoria and turn right. Take the third left onto Gordon Street. The ramp is directly opposite Lakeridge Health Whitby on the east side of Gordon Street.
Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation vary throughout the year. Below is a list of standard operating hours during different times of year. For current hours please contact the marina office.
Jan 1- Feb 28, Monday to Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Mar 1 - Apr 30, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
May 1 - Victoria Day, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
After Victoria Day - Canada Day, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
After Canada Day - Labour Day, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m - 7:00 p.m
After Labour Day - Nov 30, Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m - 4:00 p.m
Dec 1 - Dec 31, Monday to Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Note: The fuel dock closes 30 minutes before the office closing.
Note: The Weigh Station for the Great Ontario Salmon Derby (July 5 - August 23, 2014) hours are 8:00 a.m - 8:00 p.m. daily.
The waterfront is alive from Port Whitby Marina to the Whitby Yacht Club, to the Pier and Lion's Promenade during Durham's largest waterfront festival: Whitby Harbour Day. Water ski shows, boat displays, tall ship sailing, arts and crafts, music, and entertainment take place annually. Approximately 6,000 people attend Harbour Day to view the nautical Parade of Lights and spectacular fireworks. Visit our Harbour Day page for additional information.